Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My son suffering from gh muscle tone, it started gradually,

Customer Question

my son suffering from high muscle tone, it started gradually, from left foot to left leg and left arm then to right. we visited a lot of neurologists , the cause is from genetic mutation. but no one care about the symptom, is there any medicine to treat this symptoms?
Thank you,
Bill
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bill, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Yes there are medication treatments that are available to treat high muscle tone. These medications help in reducing abnormally the increased muscle tone and help in relaxing the muscles. The following are the various examples of these type of medications;

Baclofen

Tizanidine

Cyclobenzaprine

Metaxalone

Botox etc

One of the above agents can be used to help in reducing the abnormally increased muscle tone of your son.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor