Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My son has minimally rt inferior orbital wall fx 2. moderate

Customer Question

My son has minimally rt inferior orbital wall fx 2. moderate paranasal sinus mucosal thickening with obstruction of ostiometal units 3. tiny rt maxillary sinus air fluid level, likely due to hemorrhaging 4. no acute intracranial finding.
It happened Thursday at 2:00 and we just got home from the hospital. The resident said he could fly tomorrow morning, but now I'm questioning it. He is still seeing double vision, but they don't think there is entrapment. If he's not better in a week, then they will do surgery. I was wondering if it was safe to fly on two flights tomorrow.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist; the expert to whom this question was originally addressed is not available now so the company has made this question available to other experts too and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
Coming to the discussion;
Your son has no absolute contraindication to do flight journeys now. He has minimal fracture, tiny haemorrhage, and no acute intracranial or brain injuries – so there is no evidence for any major injury based on his scan. If the flight journey is not a must for now then it can be delayed for another couple of weeks or so - but if this flight journey is a must then he can certainly fly because there are no major injuries based on this scan report. Modern flight journeys are very safe, the cabins are adequately pressurized so no impact of high altitudes.
So he can fly tomorrow, even on two flights – if this flight journey is a must or absolutely necessary.
Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor