Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I had s Mri scan due to having pressure in my head and double

Customer Question

Hi I had s Mri scan due to having pressure in my head and double vision the Mir came back good other then quite a few white spots they now want me to have a lumber puncture what are they looking for
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthey could be looking for MS or multiple sclerosis which can be looked for in the spinal tapa few spots in the brain can be small broken blood vessels in the brain which can happen to anyoneas we all get older, we can have small broken blood vessels in the brain from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, diabetes, obesity, or just getting older.your headaches and double vision can be from stress or anxietydid you see an eye doctor to get your eyes examined? do you have a history of excessive anxiety or stress?