Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

L5 on S1. Vacuum phenomenon present L5 -S1 Endplate discogenic,fatty and sclerotic present

Customer Question

L5 on S1. Vacuum phenomenon present L5 -S1 Endplate discogenic,fatty and sclerotic present at L5-S1 patch foci of T1 signal hyperintensity in spine and sacrum L2-L3 bilaterial early facet degenerative change bilaterial facet. Joint cysts present L3-L4 bilaterial facet arthropathy small posterior disc bulge,ligamentuim flavuim in folding present posterior lyrics directed left greater than right facet joint cysts are present . L4-L5 disc bulge, ligamentuim flavuim in folding,bilaterial facet joint arthropathy with small bilaterial facet joint effusion at this level.mild left neuroforaminal stenosis present. L5-S1 there is intervertebral disc desiccation,disc height loss . vacuum disc phenomenon,dorsal bulge severe bilaterial facet arthropathy present at this level. Mild neuroforaminal stenosis present. What does this mean
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
Please see that the various findings seen on your scan of the spine indicate that you are having severe degenerative spine disorder. What you are having is various changes in the discs, vertebral bones and the neural foramen (through which the spinal nerves exit the spine) and these changes collectively are called as degenerative changes which also includes the arthritic changes in the spine.
This condition can cause severe back pain, pain in the legs, and sometimes other symptoms like numbness, tingling feeling (pins and needles) and varieties of other annoying symptoms. But I want to give you the good news is your scan does not show any tumors or cancers etc. But however these degenerative changes seen in the spine can cause lots of annoying symptoms as mentioned above. I see that you have tried motrin, how much is it helping you? Have you tried any other treatments for your symptoms related to the spine?
If you want to discuss this further please follow up with me and I will be very glad to help you further.
Best regards,
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have tryed numerous things on lots of med due to rheumatoid arthritis I'm still not understandstaning
Hi, could you clarify your above statement "I'm still not understandstaning" - are you talking about the scan findings or something else?
And also could you tell me what are all the treatments have you tried so far?