Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I've been getting these really bad headaches that have made

Customer Question

I've been getting these really bad headaches that have made me sensitive to Sun light and sound I drink ibuprofen 800 it doesn't help I've tried tylenol 500mg doesn't really help
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Since when do you get these headaches? Are they associated with nausea or vomiting? Where is the headache located? How often do you get it? Any precipitating factors, such as eating certain foods or exposure to bright lights. What helps to relieve the headache. Are you under stress? Have you any trouble sleeping?
Any daily medications?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm under stress the back of my neck hurts I've been having headaches over a month now I can't even concentrate sometimes I feel it on one side or around the back or front of my dead
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your reply.
Basically headache can be primary which are disorders causing headache in which headache and associated features occur in the absence of any exogenous cause. They can also be secondary to other causes also.
The primary headaches are most commonly migraine, tension-type headache, and the cluster headache.
Of the many patients who report headaches, only about 10% have an underlying medical disorder, and the other 90% suffer from benign headaches, which may be classified as muscle-contraction (tension), vascular (migraine and cluster), or a combination of both types of headaches.
Tense neck and facial muscles are associated with muscle-contraction headaches.
Hence your doctor needs to diagnose the specific type of headache you are suffering from and with appropriate and specific treatment you will find relief.
Take care.