DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

After a normal week at work,i attended a function where I had

Customer Question

after a normal week at work,i attended a function where I had to stand for 2 hours and then progressively developed the worst pain in my upper left back. an mri today showed a ruptured disc at left t2 and I am going to have a steroid injection. I have had neck and lower back problems before presumably from a very active sporting childhood longjumping.
do you think the standing could have worsened an old injury as I am very careful of my back because of neck pain and sciatica, I have got psoriatic arthritis in the hands and feet and started leflunomide 2 months ago
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
It was an old injury, by definition.
Standing did not do this.
It decided to show itself at this point.
Injections alone are not adequate.
You need to see an MD specialist in physical medicine.
And, this will help you set up an entire program to avoid surgery.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.