Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I have a tingling sensation, no pain, around my ear and the earlobe that comes and goes.

Customer Question

Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
are you in good health otherwise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but I do have asthma and allergies.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Tingling in this area, without other symptoms or signs such as pain, or rash or hearing loss, etc, is usually an indication of a neuritis (nerve irritation) in the superficial cervical plexus, a bundle of nerves that come off the upper spinal cord and supply sensation to the upper neck and ear.
This could be the result of stress, fatigue, neck strain, even a shirt collar that is too tight. In any event, it is a benign condition that typically goes away within a few days to a few weeks, occasionally persisting for a month or two.
If you have not had a physical exam recently, or you have other new symptoms in addition to this, you should make an appointment with your GP for a complete evaluation.
Hope this helps!. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.
God bless.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Regards,
Doctor-Bob