Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I fell off my bike about 3 weeks ago and landed on the palms of my han

Customer Question

I fell off my bike about 3 weeks ago and landed on the palms of my hands and right knee. I can't do push-ups without pain at the BILAT bases of my palms and I can't kneel on my right knee without pain rated 5/10. No ecchymosis or edema at time of incident or post. AROM and strength are symmetrical and intact. No loss of sensation or perfusion noted. It just bugs the shit out of me when I ride my bike and attempt to do push-ups.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Sorry to hear about your problem.Have you been seen for this?Any tests done?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have not been seen by my PCP or had any diagnostic imaging performed
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Usually such injures take six to eight weeks to heal up completely.However, having said that, I would recommend that you should be seen just to be sure everything is okay and you are healing properly.Muscle injuries do tend to take a longer time to heal which is what's happening in your case.Meanwhile I would recommend that you should take anti-inflammatories like OTC ibuprofen or naproxen to help with your pain and inflammation.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am curreny taking Aleve OTC, 1 tab BID. And u say 6-8 weeks to completely heal? Is there anything I can do to expedite the process?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.Unfortunately there is nothing in terms of medications that have been definitively proven to help the healing process.Taking vitamin C, calcium and magnesium supplements may help healing but not definitively proven.The main thing is that you have to give it time and not put your hands to too much use during the healing period.I would avoid putting pressure on your hands to help them heal quicker.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me when you are done asking.Kind regards