Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have had a C3 and C4 posterior decompressive laminectomy

Customer Question

I have had a C3 and C4 posterior decompressive laminectomy with anterior and posterior stabilized Due to compression fracture which occurred with no warning. Have residual weakness in the leg both arms neck and shoulders but to have coped well. In the last few months in terrible pain walking. New MR I found high grade 6 mm central stenosis without spinal cord compression due to a combination of broad-based posterior Disc extrusion as well as mild dorsal ligamentum flavum buckling. Mild left C7 room sleeve impingement mild degenerative left C7 foraminal stenosis. Impression no significant interval change high-grade C6 C7 central stenosis with out appreciable spinal cord compression clinical correlation chronic myelopathy and equivocal left C7 radiculopathy. Left C7 T-1 degenerative facet disease without facet joint effusion. Has severely limited my ability to walk for any period of time the first injury was not taken seriously and left me with significant residual challenges so I am a little fearful what would you suggest? Thank you julieann
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also C4 and C5 decompressive intervention and stabilization At the same time of the first surgery
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I am sorry to hear about your problem.These findings definitely mean that you would require surgery and if you have had one already then it would require a repeat surgery as far as I am concerned.There seems to be no alternative considering your symptoms and the degree of compression that the disease has caused.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.Kind regards