Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

GA- I have numbness in my right upper thigh, in front going around

Customer Question

I have numbness in my right upper thigh, in front going around to the side of my leg. This occurred about 3 1/2 weeks ago while working out. I was stretching my right let back while holding some weights in my hand and trying to keep my upper body straight. I felt a distinct "snap" in my upper leg and all of a sudden a sharp pain. The area has been numb ever since. I thought it might heal and go away in time, but it is still numb. Do you think a may have broke a nerve? I can still walk fine and have even tried to run slowly for a couple of miles which I can do, just not as regular as I used to as i don't want to push it too hard. Your thoughts?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for some reason it is not accepting the password ***** your system is sending me??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My # *****(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am Dr.Amita and I would be helping you today.Your question went unanswered for a long tome but unfortunately as experts we do not have any control on this.You may have stretched a small nerve supplying skin of the front of thigh.This is known as lateral femoral cutaneous nerve .Stretching of this nerve can cause numbness in front of thigh.In most cases stretching would cause neuropraxia with temporary loss of sensations which usually recover in few weeks time.This nerve does not supply any muscles therefore you should not have any problem in physical activity.This is the initial answer.I would be glad to assist further if you need any clarifications.
Expert:  sarah-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/neurology/97ioh-numbness-right-upper-thigh-front-going-around.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.