DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I am having a cerebal angiogram on Friday 7/24/15. There was

Customer Question

I am having a cerebal angiogram on Friday 7/24/15. There was a aneurysm found in my brain, not sure of exact location. All I heard was aneurysm. I would like to know what would determine whether I am kept overnight or not? Also, depending on the neck of the aneurysm will determine whether or not a coiling is possible. How dangerous is this? My aneurysm is 3.5 mm, how quick will a coiling be schedule? What is the recovery time? I apologize for all the questions but I just found out and was in shock initially and now I have all these questions. Kind Regards, Laurie
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You will be overnight by definition.
Maybe two days.
Recovery time should be fairly rapid, but complete healing is going to take up to 6 months.
The average length of stay for coiling is 1 to 2 days, but usually with an overnight for observation.
If the aneruysm is not ruptured, coiling is easier.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.