How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 45534
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got shocked twice by a 220 volt electric outlet today at

Customer Question

I got shocked twice by a 220 volt electric outlet today at work.. I am a ceramic tile installer/home remodeling.. The outlet was on the floor I was on my knees and leaning on one hand and using the other hand to clean grout off tile with a wet sponge around the outlet then zap.. It threw my arm back and I lost my breath I felt weird... And then not even 20 minutes later I was cleaning around the other floor outlet and was cautious not to touch it but it still shocked me again an once again I lost my breathe and got light headed. My hand wrist elbow and shoulder blade tingle and hurt for a second and then it stops and I get light headed and its been happening off and on since the shocks.. What should I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
you should go to the ER and get your body and nerves evaluated by an ER doctor after these electrical shocks
they will do a chest xray and blood work and EKG to check your heart.
they will check your skin where the shock entered your body.
do you have an ER or hospital close to you where you can be seen by a doctor?