Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

I am experiencing vertigo and vision problems. I had an MRI

Customer Question

I am experiencing vertigo and vision problems. I had an MRI that states: few scattered foci of T2 FLAIR signal hyperintensity, predominantly within the us cortical while matter, non specific. It also states developmental venous a amply in the left cerebellar hemisphere. I am 42 yrs old and my symptoms started approx 2 months ago. I have no other health issues, perfect blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol etc. can you explain if these findings can be related to a diagnosis of MS please?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry typo( hence the vision issues) I am 43 yrs old. Also I have been tested for Lyme disease which was negative as well. I was also sent to an ENT to rule out any middle ear issues which came up with nothing as well.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
those MRI findings do not point to MS
a few scattered foci of T2 flair signal hyperintensities are due to microischemic changes from small broken blood vessels in the brain
we can have small broken blood vessels on our skin and other parts in our body as we all get older
high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, smoking, diabetes, poor circulation and getting older can all contribute to small broken blood vessels around the body and in the brain
in the brain, MRI T2 weighted images can see small broken blood vessels many months to years after they have been broken.
what vision symptoms are you having?
do you have excessive anxiety symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been having anxiety issues. The best way I can explains vision issues is this.... It feels like things are blurry, like I am wearing my old prescription glasses instead of my new prescription. I just had an eye exam a few months back so the glasses aren't the issue because they are fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vertigo started out every now and then, meaning once a week. Then it progressed to every day all the time. Even when I am sitting still or trying to read, it feels like I am sitting on a dock rocking.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
severe anxiety can cause occasional blurry vision
allergies can cause mucous in your eyes and blurry vision
anxiety can definitely cause dizziness symptoms.
you need to get treatment for your anxiety symptoms
are you on therapy for anxiety?