Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have been diagnosed with Crps after a traumatic injury

Customer Question

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Crps after a traumatic injury sustained to my right side over two years ago. The crps of the ankle, was diagnosed after approx 1 year later..Scans and X-rays showed, trochanter bursitis of the right hip, right fracture of the wrist, right chondromalacia patella, MRI Showed right side partial split peroneal longitudinal tear of the peroneal brevis tendon..with parasthetica merlagia of the thigh..
I am in constant pain with the right foot/ankle with chronic burning..Originally my GP thought it was just soft tissue injury however, after hydro I would limp coming out of pool and my walking gait my ankle had a slight flicking movement.. I am no longer able to sleep on the right side due to waist and hip pain..standing is limited as the pain seems to start under the foot around the ankle bone and pain continues up the right calf and leg. My walking/driving is also limited, due to pressing down on the foot pedals aggravates the pain.
I need to know what treatment besides just masking conditions with medication I can undertake to correct the underlying problems ?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have right hand pain in the wrist and last two outer fingers, the pain radiates on the outside of the forearm up to the elbow area.. Stretching the arm upwards presents with pain in the shoulder area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for advice on how to get these underlying conditions corrected in regards ***** ***** or other forms of treatment that would help get me back to the person I was before the injury..Or any other scans/etc I would need to help diagnose other possible overlooked areas.. I am not interested in taking drugs like Lyrica, etc..due to the severe side effects I have had with this medication..I am currently taking Panediene forte 4 times daily along with Vitamin C and B vitamins I practice meditation and also see a pain psychologist.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Do you have an MRI report
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I have an MRI report which basically confirms mild flattening of the peroneus brevis tendon immediately posterior to the lateral malleolus with small partial thickness longitudinal split tear. However, this is inactive in appearance with the peroneal tendons normal in their signal throughout X-ray and Ct scan of right ankle shows the minor cortical irregularity at tip of the medial malleolus (this is comments from the report)..
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
OKYou need to see a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist.They do lot's of different therapies. Not just medications.Apparently you have not done this correct?