dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

I have symptoms such as a pressure like feeling or my head

Customer Question

I have symptoms such as a pressure like feeling or my head is in a vice, burning in my head, and dizziness nonstop every single day. I have had this for almost 5 months now and the pain never stops. My doctor said this headache has both tension and migraine
like features and thinks it could possibly be NDPH. He wants me to try Botox to see if it'll help. Is this typically effective for people like me?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...I am sorry to hear about your issues .Before treating for NDPH , It would be ideal for you to have MRI Brain to rule MS ( Multiple sclerosis ) as you have headache persistent for last 5 months along with Dizziness , burning sensation , and pressure .So I will suggest you to consult Neurologist and get MRI Brain .Regards ***** ***** luck .Positive feedback will be appreciated .Thanks .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had CT and MRI with and without contrast cerebral angiogram and lumbar puncture and all were normal so it's not multiple sclerosis
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.
Thats great then you should proceed with BOTOX it will help you out definitely .Good luck .