How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 43863
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was just diagnosed with large hematomas on calf and thigh

Customer Question

I was just diagnosed with large hematomas on calf and thigh where a car died rolled over me two weeks ago. St the time of the injury xrays shows no breaks or fractures. N my leg has gone through all shard is bruising and swelling. and it's still extremely painful. Question: Do I need to be under the care of a specialist vs GP and 2) how long is a person typically off work and 3) not driving?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
yes, you need to be seen by a GP doctor or orthopedic doctor.
only a doctors hands on evalution of your injury and leg can give you an assessment of long long you will be off of work and not driving.
you might need to see a physical therapist to help with recovery and strengthening of your muscles after your injury heals.
you GP might need to treat you with pain medications like lidocaine patches or pain patches to help decrease your pain.
do you have a GP doctor?