dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

I have a rather complex question. I am just getting

Customer Question

I have a rather complex question. I am just getting over a bad bout with bronchitis, and am on day 10 of a 2x day 875mg dose of Augmentin. I also have pretty bad vision and an astigmatism that is corrected with contact lenses.
Two days ago I began experiencing what felt like a strange change in vision in my right eye, and dizziness. It seems much worse at a computer or phone screen (which I arguably spend a lot of time on for work)... and this led to some mild nausea. I thought perhaps I put in the wrong contacts (I wear dailies) so the first day I wrote it off. When it remained on day two I realized something was amiss so I visited a local urgent care doctor.
Now, bear in mind I do not have a headache... Just some light diziness (sometimes worse on a computer) and mild nausea. I think it might get a bit worse when laying down, and although my vision in the right eye does seem off (almost stronger and warped seeming) my initial thought is that it is vertigo.
The doctor performed a basic motor test where he had me follow his finger, etc, and suggested I get an MRI asap to rule out anything serious. Here is the problem: I am in a wedding this weekend and I just had a very expensive procedure where hundred strands of hair extensions attached to my scalp with small micro-beads. These beads contain alloy, and the MRI folks will not perform it while they are in. It is a VERY expensive process to remove them, and I guess I am just looking for a second opinion on the dire need to get this done now versus say... next week?
I woke up today still a bit dizzy, but it is manageable. I drove to work, and I am typing on my computer... and a able to function for the most part.
I greatly appreciate your thoughts! And again, apologies for the very long winded description/question. :)
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...Please tell me do you have tinnitus ? earache or eye pain ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have dry eyes, not really pain but there was pressure during my cold. Also I had a bad earache about a week ago, but it has lessoned. I have mild pressure in my temple area (sinus?) but that is about it.
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for info ...As you have had ear issue week back and you had severe earache , and recent vertigo is highly associated with Vestibular neuritis , it would be ideal for you to consult ENT Specialists as your vertigo is because of ear issue and pressure in temple area indicates underlying inflammation .Please go to ENT dr for management of vertigo because properly treatment of vestibular neuritis heal things quickly .
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.
Regards ***** ***** luck .Please leave positive feedback for me .Thanks .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, you think it is ok to hold off on the MRI?
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.
If you have been planned for MRI then it would be ideal to get simultaneous scan of ear cavity also , but it is highly likely that you are suffering from Vestibular Neuritis and clinical examination by ENT dr is very important .Good luck .Positive feedback will be appreciated .Thanks .