Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My daughter has had tingling down her back and arms since January.

Customer Question

My daughter has had tingling down her back and arms since January. She has been to a primary care, chiropractor and a spine specialist, who took an MRI of her back. He did find spondalosis and a slightly bulging disc. He did not know if that was causing the problem, but felt it would heal itself within six months.nit has now been seven months and symptoms are no greater, but about the same. All doctors did not believe it was neurological, but of course, she is very nervous about it. You're suggestion?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Has she also had an MRI of the neck? The neck or cervical nerve's would be more related potentially to tingling in her arms ...I think she may benefit to see a neurologist and perhaps have nerve conduction studies ...The shift of her spine and a disk bulge could account for her symptoms She may benefit to have follow up of the MRI of the thoracic spine PLUS if not had then having a cervical (neck) MRI HER sensory type symptoms might benefit from certain medicines which often help with neurological type symptoms ...Lyrica or Neurontin or Cymbalta may help to diminish discomfort which might include sensations such as being described as tingling or burning or pins and needles ...I hope that this information is helpful for you.If you have further questions or discussion then I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She did have a neck MRI, which showed the bulging disc. It also showed the bottom part of her brainwhich looked normal. Prior to that, she had been I an accident which involved whiplash. I think she is concerned that it could be MS or a brain tumor. Your diagnosis is giving me some relief. She is scheduled with a neurologist in Sept though. Thank you.
Hello again!
I see...the neck findings I think would fit with her symptoms. I do not think her symptoms are due to MS or brain tumor.
The whiplash injury makes sense to me as cause ...
I agree with follow up planned with neurologist
I really DO NOT THINK her symptoms are due to anything dire and surprising such as brain tumor or MS though.Try not to worry so much about those type things!
I hope that this is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.Best Regards!!
Anthony Bray MD