DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

My husband fell off a ladder over a month ago and ended up

Customer Question

My husband fell off a ladder over a month ago and ended up having rods put in his back. my question is my husband has no bladder or bowel control as he cannot feel when he has to go. The surgeon said when he went in to repair the 2nd vertebrae the nerve behind it was shredded. Is there any chance he will get control back so he will not have to wear Depends the rest of his life?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello]
Your husband needs to see a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor and have an EMG/NCS, which will show if there is any life left to the nerves.
This doctor can also arrange the correct therapy.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.