DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I recently had a vehicle accident in Orlando, Florida a couple

Customer Question

I recently had a vehicle accident in Orlando, Florida a couple of weeks ago. It totaled my truck, as it threw me out into a nearby ditch. I spent a couple of days in an Orlando hospital and was then sent home to North Port, Florida. The head is still thick and "crazy." My neck feels as if it's in a brace that's much too tight. Sometimes I get physically dizzy. I live alone--and am apprehensive about driving--although I must--to meet my Life Needs. I am a 76-year-old male. My head and neck don't appear to be getting any better. Can you provide help me, please??? My home phone number is(###) ###-#### Thanks in advance!!! Ken Minor
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
We can not treat you
We answer questions/
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't expect you to treat me. That idea was neither implied nor stated. I only hoped you would 'steer" me in a logical medical direction where I could get some help. I hope others get their money's worth from this service. I shall not use it, again. I will also share this experience with family, relatives and friends. Ken Minor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing more to add.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
The correct direction involves an MRI of the neck at this point.
Also a structural assessment by a physical medicine doctor....
Have you had either?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your medical suggestions. I have not been to a doctor since I came home to North Port. I had hoped to assimilate a bit more information about the risks in such an accident--and a logical medical course to take now. Ken Minor
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
This is a highly neglected area, and people can have problems for years if disc problems in the neck are not properly diagnosed.
The steps are
a. Physical medicine and rehabilitation MD [PM&R] also called a physiatrist. They are plentiful. They will be less likely to take an aggressive surgical approach.
b. The correct manual medicine program which might include physical therapy, traction, home exercise, electronic therapies, injections and medication, ....
This program should be under the direction of the same doctor.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.