Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My dog catched a mole. It was in the grass.I didn't want him

Customer Question

My dog catched a mole. It was in the grass.I didn't want him to hurt it so I took it by tale and threw away. We finished a walk and then I washed dog and my hands. But I'm now afraid to get that madness what people can get from animals.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
It did not sound to me that the mole actually bit you, if it did not bite you then there is no chance of catching the mad disease (rabies) from mole. Also it sounded you had washed the hands so you are totally safe.
Once again I reassure you there is no risk of you acquiring rabies from this mole.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it did not bite me or my dog.
Okay then both you and your dog are perfectly fine and there is no risk of acquiring rabies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't calm down... Feel how tense is my jaw, walking around apartment thinking "What if..."
There is absolutely no chance of you (or your dog) catching any disease from this incident. I am totally reassuring you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though I didn't wash hands right away? 'Cause during walk I touched my hair, my nose. Could that virus be on skin and that's how get into my body?
No, virus cannot enter through the skin unless there was any open cuts. This virus spreads through the bites most often (or if you had any open cuts).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't see any open cuts on my fingers.
Good, you are fully safe.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about Microtrauma?
No, microtraumas should not be of any concern.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't let this go.... Wish there were tests to make sure I'm fine... Have a feeling I'm salivating all the time...
This is psychological fear and not real, but if you feel you are unable to control your feelings/fear then you may try to see a doctor in the clinic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And since doctor will not find any signs of bite, I will be sent home.
Yes, that is correct, but they can refer you to a psychiatrist or counsellor for convincing you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called registered nurse consultation number, the lady said there's has to be an actual bite and blood to get rabies.
Okay.