Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I had an MRI last year after a change in headache patterns

Customer Question

I had an MRI last year after a change in headache patterns and they found two lesions. I started the process with an ms doctor but didn't have any symptoms lasting longer than 24 hrs. I've had tingling, numbness, etc for a while on and off, dizziness etc. I've had hand x-Rays, carpal tunnel tests and nothing came back. They recently wanted me to do a spinal tap, but I wasn't ready to take that step. For the last 12 hours I've had tingling down my arm into my hand and severe twitching in my thumb (I'm having a hard time typing the right keys now). I am a court reporter and I'm worried. I don't know if I should call my ms doctor or if I should possibly see a general neurologist at this point, or just wait this out. Any advice would be wonderful. Thank you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
After carefully going through all the details provided you it sounds like it is better to just wait this out. This really does not sound like anything serious. Tingling & the twitching you have mentioned do not appear to be due any serious issues like MS or stroke etc so you can certainly wait this out (means there is no need to visit the ER now). In the morning try to call your general neurologist and ask them to give a clinic appointment at the earliest.
Once again I reassure you this does not look like anything serious in nature so you can just wait this out.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Customer