Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

My metanephrines are elevatesd. The noradrenaline is 2.29. I have faci

Customer Question

My metanephrines are elevatesd. The noradrenaline is 2.29. I have facial flushing and I get soaked in sweat. It's horrible. My blood pressure spikes up to 220/120. I also am on fentenyl and oxycodone for two ruptured disks and a slipped one. My cortisol level is .7. Is the pain medicine causing these issues? Also, I had the same symptoms in 2008 and blew out my basilar artery (mid dissection). When they discovered the rupture, they also discovered an anyresm on my Int carotid artery. It's inoperable at 5 mm. I went into remission for about 4 years with mild exacerbations in between. In jan of this year, they all came back. Can the pain medicine cause these symptoms? The mayo clinic thought the reason for the rupture and malignant HTN was due to a SSRI that I had been taking. I do have high levels of serotonin though without the SSRI. Any thoughts?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, my white count was elevated at 22,000. They don't know why. I was In the hospital for 3 days. It came down over a course of 3 days but normally stays at 11,500 and my RDW is always high.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I included some of my labs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have sclerotic bone lesions on my spine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did a scan of my adrenal glands and there was no pheochromocytoma apparent.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
What type of scan was done of the adrenal glands?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ct and MRI