Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

If brains cells have a lack of oxygen and die, can they come

Customer Question

If brains cells have a lack of oxygen and die, can they come back to life thru time or attention? Or would new brain cells be born to try and take their place or functions?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello--No I am afraid not...neurons in the brain do not regenerate after injury of hypoxic encephalopathy it is possible to see some neurological improvement due to some plasticity of the brain...to a degree other neurons may assume tasks that were previously handled by other cells...neurons or the basic nerve cell of the brain does not regenerate however...I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards--Anthony Bray MD