Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am an 70 year old woman who has always enjoyed good health.

Customer Question

I am an 70 year old woman who has always enjoyed good health. This April I was told I am pre-diabetic.
Last Monday I went for my first facial. I especially enjoyed the 20 minute massage that was part of the session....that went from my face and upper torso. I remember thinking that was a lot of time devoted to such a limited area but it felt great.
When I got home, I was feeling quite woozy and a little achy. I learned some things you should do ....like hydrate! but that wasn't until the next day. Still feeling the same for the next couple of days.
On Wednesday, ended up in the hot sun trying to get some planting done. I was wearing a hat but I was also digging holes for some small trees with the sun beating down....after an hour or so, I started feeling woozy, my heart rate was rising and I felt like I might pass out....into the house I went, drank lots of water and didn't go back out, I lay down trying to quiet my body. Heat exhaustion?
Pretty sure the facial already got the ball rolling .... stressing my body 5 days in a row.
Aside from not taking the time to inform myself beforehand, I have learned a little more about my body and wonder if you would agree that these symptoms definitely are the cause and will come to an end?
Thank you and I look forward to your advice!!
Gail
I am also on a daily water pill for blood pressure (Apo-Triazide...25mg)
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
You know....given your story, your age and how long your symptoms have persisted you really should get into see your doctor today.
Worse case scenario? The massage could have broken a cholesterol plaque loose from your carotid artery and caused a small stroke.
Could it be something less scary? Yup. But better to plan for the worst and hope for the best.
You should not continue to deal with this at home.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS