Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I fell on my thumb 6 months ago I did not game it I was

Customer Question

I fell on my thumb 6 months ago I did not game cock it I was eligible for insurance 2 weeks after injury which turned into a 5 month nightmare where I had to get an attorney. I've been seeing a jerk of a hand surgeon he diagnosed without an MRI and by movement one are of questionable fx at ip joint I can't bend my thumb still it still is very painful and numb. I have significant thenar atrophy now have been working with a hand therapist I had a normal EMG now this jerk doesn't want an MRI I'm still in considerable pain but nothing like initially I did not use opioids for this except the first couple weeks. I'm so sick of not sleeping and thinking about this thumb thumb thumb all day long. Should I get another opinion I now have insurance and by the way I'm a cardiac nurse so talk to me in professional terms please. I have not missed any work over this I don't know how I'm pulling that off but I'm so sick of this injury I missed the whole ski season I've broken back skiing on a couple occasions and still finished the season out I would not ski today if there was snow and I do want to ski next season but not like this what should I do thank you for your help
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Sorry to hear about your problem.
I would definitely like that you should get another opinion.
I would have certainly had MRI done to have a look at your injured thumb in greater detail to see exactly which ligament or tendon or bone is injured.
The only way to know for sure is to do MRI.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Rate me by clicking on one of the rating options when done.
Kind regards