Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I had carbon monoxide poisoning on 5/11. I have been having

Customer Question

I had carbon monoxide poisoning on 5/11. I have been having chronic headaches and migraines ever since. I saw my neurologist, and I am having a migraine transfusion this upcoming Wednesday. Starting Monday night my neck was kind of stiff and sore. I figured I had just slept oddly on it the night before and didn't think much of it. I mentioned it to my neurologist (I saw her this past Tuesday), and she said it wasn't of concern. I had a chiropractic adjustment the next day as another method for migraine relief. Things went fine there, no pains or anything. The chiropractor worked on my neck and shoulder muscles to try to relieve tension from my migraines. My neck felt a bit better. Two days after that my back started to really hurt. It feels like a lot of pressure on my back and really aches. It feels a lot better when I lay flat on my back and when I push on it. It is in my mid/lower back area. I am also very nauseated and dizzy. I wouldn't be too concerned about all of this if I didn't have migraine and headaches along with it all. My back has really been hurting me tonight, and it feels swollen. I guess I don't really know what to do at this point. Is meningitis a concern? I don't want to keep stressing about this if it isn't a big deal.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

Do you have any other symptoms such as fever, stiff neck, or vomiting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My neck was stiff when this started, but it isn't anymore. As far as a fever goes I'm honestly not sure. There are moments when I feel really hot though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I need some resolution now. I submitted the question over 12 hours ago.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Yes with the symptoms such as stiff neck, headache, and fever that you are having meningitis is a concern. Hence it will be better if you are examined by your doctor to diagnose if meningitis is present or to rule it out. This will be beneficial since delaying treatment if meningitis is present can lead to complications.

Take care.