DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I experience this tingly not rested sensation particularly during hot

Customer Question

i experience this tingly not rested sensation particularly during hot weather.
I have headaches
i previously sustained a head injury and had CTscan and MRI done 3 years ago.
i was hit by a car jogging and fell on my head
later , i experience vertigo which i had dizzy spells and vison blury, but an epley maneuver was done .. and i regained balance
but to date i am sometimes sensitive to light and high temperature
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Feeling tingly is something that can happen commonly in hot weather and this is related to release of histamine from mast cells in our body.
This has nothing to do with your past history of getting hit on the head and headaches that you have had in the past or the dizziness and the balance problem.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Kind regards
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I completely disagree.
You need further neurologic evaluation.
Both for neurological and hormonal.
In addition, if not done, a full opthalmology exam needs to be done, as this can relate to a visual problem as well.
This can not simply be explained by hot weather without ruling out other problems.
I am a double board certified doctor [internal medicine and integrative medicine] and will always give you accurate answers.
The list on a differential here is long, from residual neurologic damage requiring a different can , to thyroid imbalance.....other hormonal imbalance, anxiety problem, autoimmune problem ADRENAL problem....etc.....intolerance of heat and light, and the fact that you have the symptoms at other times, requires a proper workup before this is dismissed as just how you are.
See an internal medicine doctor. We are trained in all sub specialties of adult medicine.
Please click a positive rating. That is how I am paid for my expertise and comprehensive answers to you, per positive rating [and bonuses].
Let me know if you have more information or questions.