Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My wife has what appears to be a bulging vein which is bleeding

Customer Question

My wife has what appears to be a bulging vein which is bleeding slightly. It is on the opposite side of the arm where she has a bovine graft several years ago for dialysis. What might this mean.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I amCustomer an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
Developing bulging vein & bleeding may mean multiple things; this may mean her kidney condition is deteriorating, it may mean she needs modification of her dialysis parameters (if she is currently on dialysis), it may mean she is developing some new onset bleeding disorder, it may also mean she is developing problems with her blood cells like Platelets, or she may be developing problems with the blood clotting factors, or developing some liver disorders etc.
As you see there are multiple possibilities to explain her new symptoms of bulging vein and bleeding & bleeding is an emergency situation too so this needs to be shown to her clinic doctors or doctors in the ER asap so that she receives a thorough clinical examination as well as certain relevant investigations to find out the cause for this new symptom and then treated appropriately. In the meantime you may continue with the current care including the wrapping of the bleeding site to prevent further bleeding.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Customer