Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I fell backwards right on the middle of my back In my driveway.

Customer Question

I fell backwards right on the middle of my back In my driveway. My head was the next thing that hit. It did not appear to be a concussion. No loss of consciousness, no dissyness, no loss of memory. It has been a week now. The left side of my head has a dull head ake. When
I close my eyes tight the head ake gets more intense. If I'm trying to walk on uneven terrain I have trouble. At night I tend to run a fever and feel very achy all over. I went to urgent care two day after they took x-Rays of the cervacl area and reported no breaks. I am scared that something else is going on. What do you think?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I amCustomer an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
These symptoms you are having still could be from some mild concussion. It was the back which got hit first but then the head too got hit, so it sounds there was mild concussion. I see that you did not lose consciousness and there was no dizziness or loss of memory etc but there still could be mild concussion which could be causing your symptoms now.
Your spine was hit too. An x ray can only rule out spinal bone injuries but not injuries to the spinal cord, to rule out spinal cord injuries you need an MRI scan of the spine. And to check for any head injuries like a small bleeding etc you need a brain scan too like a CAT scan or MRI scan of the brain. You may visit the nearby ER and ask for these tests to make fully sure there is no brain or spinal cord injuries.
Once again to summarize; most likely you have not sustained any major or serious injuries, but just to be on the safer side you may visit the ER and ask for a brain & spine scans – this way we can confidently rule out any internal injuries as discussed above.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Customer