Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

In April I had RFD to4 levels cervical and multiple levels

Customer Question

In April I had RFD to4 levels cervical and multiple levels lumbar, I was literally unable to function,and in a very high level of pain for 3 weeks,given epidural to both cervical and lumbar areas with some relief, told to do no physical therapy but to
rest . Was told M.D had hit the motor nerve instead of just the sensoryon the right side cervical and also the right side lumbarI' still in very tough shape,unable to even do dishes without having to stop and lay my head down.My teeth don't seem to line up
and my jaw rattles if I move it to my right side. I need to use a walker to walk even 40 feet, my right leg is weak and the pain is almost paralyzingly in thighs.i'
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you are having these issues after your radiofrequency facet denervation.
how were your symptoms prior to spine surgery?
are you unhappy that you had the procedure?
what is your medical question?