Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I'm Sharon I'm having lower leg, from my calf to my ankle

Customer Question

Hi I'm Sharon I'm having lower leg, from my calf to my ankle on the left, and only about 4-5 inches on the right leg, redness some slight swelling, pain to the touch, some aching when I walk. I had a left leg blook clot 10 years ago, and it kind of feels like thaat but the fact that it's both legs with one worse more sympomatic that the the other is strange. wait it out? or head to my primary physician? Thanks
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this isCustomer an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience. The Expert to whom this question was originally addressed is not available now so the company has made this question available to other Experts too.
Coming to the discussion;
The location of your symptoms, and the presence of various symptoms like pain to touch, swelling, and redness etc all these point towards the possibility of blood clot. And you had similar symptoms in the past too and then it was diagnosed as blood clot. I agree that was just one leg but this time symptoms are in both legs and also there is some asymmetry between the legs but still these symptoms are suspicious for blood clot. A blood clot can be easily ruled out with an Ultrasound test of the legs so you may try to see your primary doctor or a doctor in the ER as soon as possible so that an early diagnosis can be made and then treated appropriately depending upon the ultrasound report. I am not telling you definitely have blood clots, but this needs to be investigated asap so you may try to see your primary doctor or an ER dr asap so that your health situation is diagnosed and treated appropriately and at the earliest.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Customer
Hi, I see that you have not rated my answer; is it because you are facing some technical glitches preventing you from rating or is it because you are unhappy & dissatisfied with my answer? If you are unhappy & dissatisfied with my answer and if you are having further questions or seeking further clarifications please let me know and we can discuss this further until you are happy & satisfied with all your health concerns.
Best regards,
Customer