Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

What specialist should I consult? What are the possible

Customer Question

What specialist should I consult? What are the possible options for treatment? Would acupuncture be of benefit? What is the worst that could happen if I do nothing? The situation is deteriorating. I now need to wear over the knee socks in June. When last
year I only needed regular knee socks in the coldest months. I hope that you can provide more information for me. Thank you
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
I take it from your history above that you are bothered with your legs feeling constantly cold-- is this right? Are you feeling cold in general? How long has this been an issue?
You may have poor circulation to the legs as a possible cause. Medical term of peripheral vascular disease may be your cause. You may benefit to have thyroid function checked too. If underactive thyroid then that may make you feel cold natured and that would be readily treated.
So I recommend that you start with your primary care doctor to help evaluate the problem. The cause should be better determined. Treatment possibilities depend of course on your cause.
I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards!
Anthony Bray MD
You may benefit to start with your primary care doctor. I suspect that you may have peripheral vascular disease and this might be eventually treated potentially by an interventional cardiologist or vascular surgeon.
If you chronically feel cold due to interactive thyroid then that may be treated easily by your primary care doctor or endocrinologist.
Best Regards!
Anthony Bray MD