Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have pain in my knee. I had arthroscopic surgery 5 years

Customer Question

I have pain in my knee. I had arthroscopic surgery 5 years ago. The pain was the same after the surgery as before. I do not have resting pain but every step I take is painful. Level of pain is almost always at about a 5,and a little more when on my feet for long periods. Is is unusual that it does not hurt when I am off it? Is that arthritis?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
No. It is common for the pain to go away when you rest the joint.
There is no way to know the cause of the pain from what you have posted....and I would not rush to blame it on arthritis.
So. What should you do?
I suggest you see the orthopedic surgeon who did your surgery five years ago and see what she has to say about your knee.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS