Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Severe pain in foot and ankle. screws taken out of fusion,

Customer Question

severe pain in foot and ankle. screws taken out of fusion, doctor ended up taking screw out and had to do a bone graft. said it would heal in 4 weeks. two months later still severe pain and swelling, also to top of it off after sugrey had facture bilsters. still have bad burns from that
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I amCustomer an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
Sorry to see you are tortured with severe pain and burning sensations and I see the current treatments are not helping you. What I will do is provide a list of various additional treatment options to get relief from this torture;
1) First of all see whether your doctors could prescribe you Oxycodone or Oxycodone containing preparations like Oxycontin or Percocet etc and these are stronger than the Hydrocodone- APAP preparation or Tramadol you have already tried.
2) There are several nerve-pain pills which can also help with the type of pain you are having and examples for this group of pain killers include Gabapentin, Pregabalin, Amitriptyline, Duloxetine etc
3) Lidoderm anesthetic pain relieving skin patches is another option
4) TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is another excellent option to control this type of pain.
Please ask your doctors to prescribe one or more of the above options to help you in getting relief from the torturous pain and the burning sensation you are suffering from.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Customer