Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I recently found that the pain in my back a groin are from phleboliths

Customer Question

I recently found that the pain in my back a groin are from phleboliths. The pain is so strong I can barely even move my leg. Feels like I'm giving birth. Is there anything I can do about this pain? What actually causes these and why would I get them? I have a cavernous angioma on my brain, so should I be concerned that I have these? It hurts so bad!! I also have sle lupus
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Have you been seen for this pain as yet?
Any tests done?
Can you please enumerate all the medications that you are on at the moment.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not on any meds as of current. I stopped taking my lupus meds awhile ago. I do have polycystic ovarian syndrome as well. They did labs and xrays. I was supposed to get an ultrasound today but I had to run my daughter to ER, and she was admitted. So I have to reschedule that.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would recommend that you should have you should have am MRI and angiogram of your blood vessels if a blood vessel blockage or plebolith is suspected.
MRI of the back will tell us the condition of the bones and discs in the spine.
Clotting in the blood vessels and phleboliths can happen commonly in people with SLE so uncommonly however these pleboliths should not cause this kind of pain which is why I also recommend having an MRI of your lower back as well.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Rate me when you are done.
Regards