DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have recently started to smell milk like urine from clothes

Customer Question

hi i have recently started to smell milk like urine from clothes etc that come out fo the dryer im not sure if its because of the dryer or what is the cause of it but when ever i smelt it and i asked my mum to smell it she said she cant smell that smell but i can, it just comes when ever i sniff the clothes. i dont know what the reason behind it and im not sure if its in my head thats making this smell up i think i mgiht have phantosmia disorder but if so what is the treatment for this its ruining my life and im becoming depressed because of it. i do have an ocd of urine and impurities, the fear of it but i didnt think my brain would automatically randomly make the smell up... please helpppp
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You need an exam.
It can be from the ocd
It can be from medication.
It can be from a neruological problem
Or from the dryer.
But if others don't smell it, see your doctor.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.