deardr
deardr, Doctor
Experience:  I have worked in a Medical School for last 10 years as a faculty.
25541092

Doctor, I'm 28 years of age. I had a neurological ‘attack'

Customer Question

Hi doctor, I’m 28 years of age. I had a neurological ‘attack’ when I was 19. It happened in a morning as I was reading a chemistry textbook, preparing for an exam. I was reading heavily, nonstop. But, it got to a point when I felt like my head was turning inside. Since then I’ve been battling with head pain (at the lower right back of the head), memory loss, mood swing, speech defect, poor thought coordination and some other symptoms. I use pain relievers like ibuprofen, but they only scratch the pain on the surface, please help.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I once visited a doctor in 2011, he prescribed four drugs, of which I remember only three, which are: diazepam, explode and tramadol. I used them for three months or there about, and the symptoms were suppressed, but with some side effects like dizziness. But when I engaged my brain in difficult task (as I’m a computer programmer), the pain comes again
Expert:  deardr replied 1 year ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Was MRI Brain obtained? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no MRI was obtained. I don't have any diagnosed medical condition.
Expert:  deardr replied 1 year ago.
I am happy that there are no diagnosed medical condition.
Brain is best imaged with MRI scan. First test should be MRI to look for any abnormality in there. I would also get few other investigations like blood tests to see for diabetes, vitamin deficiency, thyroid imbalance. These may also present with symptoms you have. If all the above tests come negative - I would discuss the symptoms with a psychiatrist.
As of now - Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ avoid alcohol, smoking/ stay away from stress or anxiety {Yoga, meditation help}.
Wish you well.
Best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't take alcohol, neither do I smoke. But my question is it possible to have any or all of the above symptoms (diabetes, vitamin deficiency and thyroid imbalance) for a decade and still be alive?
Expert:  deardr replied 1 year ago.
None of these kill you if in milder forms. We need to look for diagnosis and move ahead with treatment plan.