Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

P

Customer Question

P
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry that was a typo. I had a lumbar puncture done on Tuesday for having a constant pressure headache with burning sensations. I was fine until last night i noticed a major difference in the type of headache I have been having and felt like an extreme migraine. I went to bed and woke up walked around some and my head hurt unbelievably bad and then when I laid down it felt a lot better aside from the symptoms I have originally been having. Is this a spinal headache and if so what should I do?
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I have posted my answer at the previous question area and I am posting the copy of that answer here too.
When you discussed with me last time you were not having this type of headache pattern and that time it was not suspicious for spinal headache, but the pattern this time you are mentioning is suspicious for spinal headache because it improves on lying down position. There are 2 options for you now, one is just give another 3 to 4 days during which take rest, take plenty of fluids and caffeine containing beverages and this condition may naturally resolve, or the other option is you can ask your family dr or neurologist or the ER doctors to arrange for an epidural blood patch placement which is a simple procedure where they draw your own blood and inject it at the previous spinal tap site and this blood clots and will seal off if there is any leak of csf and this will immediately relief from the headache.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.