Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I injured my leg while exercising and now have femoral nerve

Customer Question

I injured my leg while exercising and now have femoral nerve damage and other throughout my leg per the EMG performed. My orthopedic dr does not know how to treat. I have had MRIs of my back and it isnt coming from there. No sign of entrapment from the MRIs of hips or leg. I am on tremendous pain. I live in arlington trxas and need a doctor.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Has a nerve conduction study also been done?
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.
I had asked about whether a nerve conduction study was also done, as it can provide information that is complementary to the EMG.
If there is nerve damage that is causing pain and a specific treatable cause cannot be identified, then it would be reasonable to use medicines that have been shown to help ease symptoms by suppressing the firing of the nerves. The most commonly used medicines are certain anticonvulsants, such as gabapentin or pregabalin, and certain antidepressants, such as amitriptyline or duloxetine.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.