Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

At present last 6 months I been ha ving numbing, ant

Customer Question

at present for the last 6 months I been ha ving numbing, ant like feeling crawling feeling on arm on back pain at all times up my right side I also have diabetes female 69 years these symptoms are all on right side only also it feel like it heated at times
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Well diabetes is most common cause of peripheral neuropathy. This condition may cause tingling or burning sensation but is usually similar right and left side and usually starts in both feet.
Symptoms may fit with neck or back injury or possibly degenerative disk disease.
I think medication for nerve related symptoms (Lyrica or Neurontin or Cymbalta) may help reduce intensity of tingling or burning sensation.
I think you need to consult a neurologist to help diagnose the source of your symptoms. I suspect that you need MRI of neck and of lumbar spine. I suspect that you probably need nerve conduction studies.
I hope that this information helps.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD