Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I am 20 years old ! I have a pain in my heart and i goes

Customer Question

Hi ! I am 20 years old ! I have a pain in my heart and i goes to my right arm and hand also my shoulder to upper back ! I also have symptoms like shortness of breathing ,i feel so weak sometimes that i dont have mood to do anything ! And i also have a light headache ! I just have a fear that this might be dangerous ! Its even very difficult to fall asleep ! Can you please give me any idea to get over with this pain !
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this isCustomer an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience. The Expert to whom this question was originally addressed is not available now so the company has made this question available to other Experts too.
Coming to the discussion;
Please see that the pain related to the heart is expected to be on the left side rather than the right side as in your case, so although you may be feeling this is heart related pain but in reality this may have nothing to do with the heart. These type of symptoms including the pain you have described is not necessarily associated with any serious problems. When I say serious problems I am implying heart problems or lung problems etc rather this type of pain & shortness of breathing etc may be secondary to some non-serious musculoskeletal issues or even stress or anxiety disorder etc too can cause these type of symptoms you are having. I am not sure whether you have seen a doctor in the clinic or not, if not then you may try to see one so that you will receive a thorough clinical examination followed by certain relevant investigations like an EKG of the heart a Chest X ray, checking the blood pressure etc and then treated appropriately but I strongly reassure you once again that these type of symptoms you have been experiencing do not seem to be related to heart problems etc but still please try to see your doctors in the clinic so that you will receive a thorough clinical examination and relevant investigations as discussed above and in the meantime you may please try medications like Amitriptyline or Alprazolam etc which can help in giving relief from these symptoms and also help you in obtaining good sleep too.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do smoke ! Is that may be because of smoking ??
Hi, while smoking too can cause these kind of symptoms but you are too young to have complications secondary to smoking. While this may not be related to smoking but as a doctor I still recommend you to please quit smoking because on a long term basis smoking can indeed can cause myriad health complications. But as far as these symptoms are concerned these are very less likely due to smoking.
Hi, I hope you have gone through all my previous answers, if you have any further questions please let me know and I will be very glad to help you further.
Best regards,
Customer