Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I am a 50 yr old male I have had numerous issues over the past

Customer Question

I am a 50 yr old male I have had numerous issues over the past year with dizziness. Now my right ear seems "full" and I can feel my pulse pounding in that ear. My doctor looked at ear and said it is clear. My eyesight is not as clear lately as well. 5 days ago I started to have numbness in my left hand and arm, up to the elbow. Any suggestions on what might be the cause?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Have you been seen for this?
Any tests done?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have mainly seen my primary doctor. He has run blood work and most came back fine. Had a low white blood count for over a year but last test was in the low normal range. When this first started a few years back I saw an ENT doctor. She did an MRI of head and neck and all seemed OK. I have considered going back to ENT, but not sure what they would do. I just went for a short walk and my head/ears feel like I was just in a pool of water and like my ears are clogged. I feel like I am walking "sideways" with this dizziness.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Have you been put on any medications for this as yet?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not directly for this. I take Losartan HTC (100/12.5) and Metoprolol 25 mg for (now controlled) BP and Potassium 20 meq. Otherwise I just take some basic OTC meds (multi-vitamin, B Complex, and Magnesium.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Have you had your blood pressure monitored regularly?
What is your blood pressure like?