Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

My legs have been twitching and hurting since 1986. they hurt

Customer Question

My legs have been twitching and hurting since 1986. they hurt when I am still, not when I am walking, athough in the last few years they are getting weaker and my balance is not as good. I was a gym teacher and was always very coordinated. The pain and discomfort is troubling but the unsteadiness is most worrisome. I would like to know WHY I have this problem and what I can do about it
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Neuro Doctor, an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
First I will try to gather some additional information from you to help me in finalizing my answer to your question;
1) Any symptoms in your arms?
2) Any back pain?
3) Any bladder or bowel disturbances?
4) Any difficulties with your speech or with swallowing, or any double vision or facial droop or eye lid drooping etc?
5) Have you already seen any doctor including a neurologist for these symptoms? Also have you already undergone any medical investigations (tests)? If yes what are those investigations, and what are the results of those investigations?
6) Have you tried already any treatments for any of these symptoms?
7) What are your current treatments (medications or non-medication treatments)?
8) Any family history of similar symptoms?
When your time permits please answer the above questions for me, I will go through these additional information and then follow up with you at the earliest.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor
Hi, I have asked few questions above and I hope you are not encountering any technical problems in properly accessing our system.
If you are still looking for an answer to your health concerns please reply to me when your time permits and I will follow up with you at the earliest.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor