Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

And thank you excellent and smart service:)I

Customer Question

Hello and thank you for your excellent and smart service:)
I am Pedro,
I used to have panic/anxiety attacks younger due to my excessive everyday routine (and i believe due to my sensitivity to external stimuli generally in a difficult country that we live :/ ). I fixed that without professional help.
Younger, I used to experiment with psychoactives and canabbis of questionable quality for some years. I smoke cannabis with tobacco 8 years, but now only good quality and fewer (0.2 -1 g per day) because i believe it really helps me with my jobs and studying (programming, visuals and music synthesis etc) and recreationally. I've cut off coffee, alcohol, smoking tobbacco but i only smoke tobacco with cannabis.Fewer (0.5-1 gramm per day, better quality for last year). I'm trying to cut it down to 2-3 joints per day because unfortunately it has some side effects.
Pneumonology:
I'm getting a good treatment of my bronchial asthma (to the small and medium if it rings a bell), in which maybe cannabis helps to calm it.
Cardiology:
I have orthostatic hypotension. Sometimes I have tachycardia or arrythmia, dizzyness, disphoria, (maybe because of thc), sometimes because i "forget to breath" and when I ejaculate. My cardiological exams where ok and the arrythmia was better when I started exercising.
I've read things like these from ok sources i think
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/570583_6 (My grandfather was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation
http://www.livescience.com/48073-marijuana-heart-attack-risk.html
http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/343/1/198.full.pdf+html
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117399
jnnp.bmj.com/content/76/3/435.full.pdf+html
but I've read that the other substance of cannabis CBD is good for medical reasons and maybe for some of my problems.
I want to ask if I should quit entirely this habit (because I don't really want to ), if these are just neurological effects and the rest are just in my mind, or if I should use only cbd or indica. What would be a good tratment? What should I do to keep my usefull habit?
Sorry for the size of my question :) I think I should inform you for my background.
Thank you really in advance
Pedro
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
do you have any other health issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Dr. Phil,
Except rhinitis, I cannot think of something else. I live with my dog.

my cardiological examinations were good to go for sports, before some months (i didn't do a holter)

my x-rays of chest and face were good last year (I'm doing a new one tommorow for the pneumonologist). I'm finishing the treatment (Modulair 10mg every night, 3 snifs Dexa-Rhinaspray per day for rhinitis, 2 Seretide Diskus 50/250 mcg/dosage) the day after tommorow.

my blood examinations were good, except something in a sachar attribute that may be their mistake and I will do a new one tommorow too.that's all.

Thanks Pedro. Cannabis is like alcohol. It is okay and fun every once in a while. Just like having a few beers every so oftenHowever, daily use is bad. Very bad. It has many issues associated with it. COPD, heart arrhythmias, anxiety, etc.I would go down to once weekly use if possible
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your quick reply

I've read that cbd is neutralizing the effect of thc. I want a little specific explanation of what exactly creates the arrythmias etc. so we can see what is better. The latest papers write that there is an neuro effect to the heart because of the endings of the nerves to the heart's cavities..

Should I use only cbd or indica? Are there specific foods or substances that I should take to help my body counteract? Is vaporizer better? Does cannabis relates to serious cardiological problems?

Well simply put, cannabis can induce tachycardia. This is through stimulation of nerve endings as you suggest.There is nothing that is scientifically established to counteract the effects of THC.I am not aware of CBD or indica. There are no foods that help.Cannabis causes its issues by increasing heart rate. This then can trigger arrhythmias in susceptible folks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks again and excuse me for my many questions but I couldn't find a holistic approach to internet... that's why i ask here and I paid for high detailed explanation. I hope these are the last questions..

Susceptible to what exactly? Many or most of the users have this kind of issues. I have these effects 1-2 years only. Maybe because of the bronchic asthma.

About the CBD, please have a quick look here:

http://www.mpp.org/assets/documents/low-or-no-thc-high-cbd.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=cbd+heart&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=cbd+medical+uses

https://www.hemplifetoday.com/lp/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/cbd-supplement2.pdf

Is there any connection between my pneumonological issues and heart?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Someone with experience and topical knowledge in psychoactives like thc and cbd for a detailed specialized answer
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
The major health issue in this situation is the effect of marijuana on the chronic lung disease. The effect of marijuana on the lungs is more a function of the delivery method than whether it is high or low in THC or CBD. From that perspective, the use of a vaporizer or an oral preparation would be better than smoked.

As for the effect of THC vs CBD, it primary reason for the different effects is because of the different effect on receptors. The THC works primarily by stimulating the two primary cannibinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, and the effect on the cardiovascular system is because of the effect of these receptors in the part of the brain that controls the heart. The CBD works partly by blocking these receptors, which is why you have read that it neutralizes the effect of THC. The CBD also affects a serotonin receptor.

You have also read correctly that there is increasing evidence that CBD is better than THC, although the evidence is still considered early.

Within this context, it would be more reasonable to use CBD than THC, and as a vaporizer or oral preparation, rather than smoked.