Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

I fell three weeks ago. X-Rays picked up an old break(healed)

Customer Question

I fell three weeks ago. X-Rays picked up an old break(healed) on my 9th rib.left side of my rib cage. My doctor says that can't be the reason for my continued pain, mostly located over my left breast. The pain is consistently an 8 or 9 on a scale of 1 to10. Could I have bruised my heart muscle or is there another possible reason for this coninued pain?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fall was actually 7 weeks ago. I feel on a table while getting up to go to the bathroom. I take Hytrin at night for BPH. I also have short term memory problems that were caused by 5 brain surgeries in 1993 and 1994. I believe that night I took twice the recommended dosage of that medicine and that is what caused my blackout and the fall. I was bruised from the top of my chest to my thighs. The pain began in my sternum, then moved to my right chest and now to my left chest(breast), where it continues to hurt for over 4 weeks now.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
you could have injured nerves in your breast or chest wall which could be causing the pain
there are many small nerves in your breast and chest area.
I doubt you have bruised your heart muscle
you can ask your doctor for a lidocaine patch 5% to use on the area to see if that helps decrease pain.
also nerve pain medications like neurontin or lyrica or could help your pain.
it doesn't sound like you have tried these agents.