Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

How do I get a test nerve? I need nerve

Customer Question

How do I get a test for subsclapluris nerve? I need nerve testing done
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
you would have to consult with a neurologist to get nerve conduction studies of the subscapular nerve
this nerve can be difficult to get at so you might need the help of a shoulder surgeon to get to the nerve so the neurologist can perform the nerve conduction study.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12166080
http://www.elsevierhealth.com/media/us/samplechapters/9781560534334/Chapter_6_Special_Nerve_Conduction_Techniques.pdf
the suprascapular nerve originates just distal to the formation of the brachial plexus’ upper trunk and is composed of nerve fibers from C5–C6
so an MRI scan of the cervical spine and brachial plexus and shoulder are important to study the sup
the subscapular nerves are innervated by the posterior division of the brachial plexus
have you had MRI scans of your cervical spine and brachial plexus and shoulder with a high resolution 3 tesla MRI scanner with IV contrast?