Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I was just at the gym and noticed fluid build-up at the back

Customer Question

I was just at the gym and noticed fluid build-up at the back of my elbow ("Popeye" elbow). I think it was caused by accidental trauma to the elbow during one of my exercises. (Basically, I kind of "pinched" the elbow.) But it barely hurt at the time, and it doesn't hurt at all right now. I've never had anything like this before. Will it drain by itself, or should I see the doctor about it?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It sounds that you have olecranon bursitis due to trauma. I think you would do best to see your doctor or orthopedic specialist and have the fluid and possibly blood drained. This followed by a injection of some steroid will probably give you the best result going forward.
I hope that this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.
If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD