DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

Earlier this year sometimes when I got out of my pickup, something

Customer Question

Earlier this year sometimes when I got out of my pickup, something on the right side of my left knee would pop out of place, and then I would slowly stretch it straight and it would pop back in. It hurt when it was out of place. I can't afford insurance so was very concerned when it seemed to happen more often. After awhile it seemed to happen much less frequently. I have a small antique store and almost two weeks ago moved a lot of heavy furniture by myself and so a couple days later both knees were swollen. My right knee got much better, but I'm still walking very slowly and I think something popped out again on the same right side of left knee. It's still very painful, swollen and even looks bruised. If I were to see a chiropractor, might he be able to put it back in place? I'm 63, female and just barely making ends meet. Thoughts?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello]
No, you need an orthopedic exam, and probably an MRI of the knee.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.