Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am a 38 year old female and am a... - I am a 38 year

Customer Question

Hi- I am a 38 year old female and am a... Hi- I am a 38 year old female and am a breastfeeding mom. Over the last few months, I have had an involuntary hand tremor about 4 times. It has happened when my arm is already in motion. An example is when I was
eating sushi, i had dipped a piece in soy sauce and I shook the excess sauce off. I noticed my hand/forearm kept moving for a few seconds after I had intended it to stop. My doctor did bloodwork to see if it gave us any leads and it has not. I am curious if
this seems to be a concern and any thoughts on what it could be?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
The tremors need to be continuous to be indicative of anything.
Off an on tremors like what you are having could be indicative of muscle fatigue or inadequate sleep among other causes.
I do not think it is anything serious or anything to worry about particularly since your blood workup and examination was normal.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.
Kind regards